Friday, January 29, 2010

365 Pink Feather Boas All in a Row - Day 29 : Death of Pippi the Lorikeet

Who is Pippi the Lorikeet (not the one pictured but a no doubt close, and now grieving relative)?

Truth be told I don't even know if that was her (or his - he may have been a drag lorikeet for all I knew) but today this pretty rainbow coloured bird was killed and eaten right in front of my window at work by two crows, who's calls sounded like the long dead roaming the halls crying out in pain. While I am a big fan of documentaries, the idea of having my very own Discovery Channel moment play out in front of me was a tad disconcerting, even if it is a reflection of the dog eat..... I man bird eat bird world.

The interesting thing is this all took place in the middle of a BBQ area (see photo below - the bird is hidden in the shadows next to the steel gray light pole) used frequently by people and being readied to be used even as I type by a corporate gathering complete with DJ. They haven't spotted the remains of poor Pippi yet but I am betting it will be a fabulous ice breaker when they do....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older