Friday, October 16, 2009

Project 289 - Day 213 : If I Knew You Were Coming, I'd Have Baked a Cake.... Oh Wait I Did!

The intention tonight was to bake a Betty Crocker Devils Food Cake (naturally its chocolate!!) and then ice it Saturday morning, just before the BBQ Birthday lunch we'd been invited to. Alas we switched off the timer in the microwave while cooking dinner, got engrossed in a TV show and then 20 minutes after the recommended cooking time, were greeted by the acrid aroma of a cake that had spent waaaaay too much time in the oven. Turfed from the pan as I desperately tried to see if it could be saved, it clunked like a brick onto the kitchen bench and that, my friends, was that. Cajun brick cake....


So the next day I went to the supermarket, booked two sponge slabs - I don't usually like sponge because it's too bland - and zhoushed it up with chocolate cream sauce, Betty Crocker chocolate cream topping, jelly babies, fruit and nut Toblerone, 100s and 100s and Smarties spelling out "H B" which was my hip, 21st Century KFC-esque way of saying "Happy Birthday!"

The best part? It tasted freaking amazing!! YUM!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older