Thursday, August 27, 2009

Project 289 - Day 163 : It Feels Odd After Yesterday That Life Just Goes On

It's strange how life goes on while the life of someone you love has just stopped....

It's an age-old truism I know that 'life goes on' but even still, it's jarring that the world around me keeps happily spinning around in all it's usual colour and chaos, when I don't feel much like joining in. It illustrates that you can know something in your head, but it won't necessarily affect your heart.... my heart may be at the game but it doesn't want to play ball really...

Today's photo is of the road outside my window at work - the visitors carpark is full, carpacks are zipping along the road, the sun is shining on what has been universally declared a perfect day - and everything is normal. In some ways it's enormously comforting but I also feel a darkness and a sadness over everything which likely won't shift till after the funeral next Monday....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older