Monday, August 24, 2009

Project 289 - Day 160 : More Good Karma Than an Indian City Full of Holy Cows

I went back to MYER today.


Now that is hardly ground breaking news that will have people uttering "ooh" and "aah" in wonder and amazement. But I went back to pay for something that I had taken from the store last Sunday, with the full support of the MYER person on the register.

Now lest you think I have started on a rocky road to a life of nefarious crime, aided and abetted by corrupt MYER staff (of which there are naturally, none, of course), I bought two Crumpler bags - a large messenger style one and a smaller one for my camcorder - and when I went to pay and the money orders I had were deducted, the leftover amount was much less than it should have been. Despite me mentioning this twice, the register assistant insisted he had put both through, and I must just have a 'special deal'. I didn't quibble further since we were in a hurry to see the new Harry Potter movie with friends, but when I checked the docket the next morning, he hadn't put the smaller of the two bags through.

So being an honest boy, and raised well (thanks Mum and Dad!), I trooped back to the store yesterday to pay for the smaller bag and do the right thing. Now, I write all this it seems very much like I am blowing my own trumpet but the intent is more to say that I am now wallowing in so much good karma, you can likely have something amazing happen just by looking at me... or an effigy of me (please don't burn it!) or a photo.... your choice....

I am just hoping that trumpeting my good karma doesn't cancel it all out.... hmm.... that is a philosophical question for a wizened mystic somewhere in a cave above Jalalabad.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older