Monday, July 25, 2005

Monday on My Mind - Hmmm, Feels like a Headache

To my absolute "delight", the flu that was lurking for several days and never got past a bad chest infection, thanks to an O/D of Zinc Complex tablets (not sure where all the simple, stupid zinc goes - vitamin boot camp perhaps? - but certainly not into the depths of my immune system where it would no doubt have had to ask for directions to my lymph glands while I got sicker) , cleared up last night, thus denying me the chance to legitimately stay at home sick! Not that I like being sick, nor taking days off sick - I have an amazingly resilient immune system which is no doubt thanks to not using the village idiots of vitamins above - but having a Monday off, which is the pond scum of days (no offense to any lovers of pond scum who may be reading the blog) , is an attractive thought. Of course, coming back to a Tuesday with all Monday's workload waiting like a rotting piece of roadkill in Summer heat (evocative enough for ya?!) is not attractive and so here I am, disgustingly healthy, and up to my neck in work, both real and cyber.....

I did get to go on an 'excursion' on Friday - going on an excursion these days is a much easier process now I don't need to get my mother to sign permission forms :) - to visit one of my main high revenue customers, Aussiebum, home to sexy swimwear and jocks for men. They work in this funky cool warehouse office, complete with trendy kitchen, TV etc - kinda like I expect some of those dotcom offices looked back in the days of boom - and while they expect the very best (which is fair enough given the money they spend with us), they are a very easy bunch of people to get along with, including the lovely Amy, who I deal with the most. Bonus was escaping the Beige Tomb (my beloved monochrome cubicle) for a couple of hours.....

Only 2 hours to go and paid work is over....then its home to switch on my home PC, and finally finish Chapter 12 of the novel which is half done and has been for the better part of a week. It required extensive re-writes and that has been time-consuming, but I also kind of 'fell off the novel re-writing wagon' and aim to clamber back on tonight before the horses pulling said wagon - and previously kicking on with steroidal speed - reverse over me (hoof marks do nothing for my complexion I can tell you now). I may even start Chapter 13 assuming my brain doesn't shut down, forget it knows the English language, grammar and syntax (in other words holiday/weekend mode), and demand to watch the latest episode of '24', which of course has nothing at all to do with my novel......I will, of course, find a way to justify viewing it but given that the need to rationalise my behaviour is not yet upon me, my rationale will have to wait for a future post.....for now, its Chapter 12 & 13 away! Ole! (See - my grasp of English is slipping already...now where is the TV remote again?!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older