Saturday, June 25, 2005

My Brain is Already Gone

Well, it is Saturday, thank the powers that be, and I have survived another week in that scintillating world they call customer service. No real crises this week I am more than happy to report, but a new guy joined the ranks of the Customer Service Damned - its a new horror genre that is destined to overtake zombie movies as the 21st Century service industry du jour gathers pace, and grows and grows like topsy - and while he's a lovely guy, turns out he may have lied just a little about his knowledge of our systems. Having done some training of 'new hires' (aka 'lambs to the corporate slaughter') before, I ended up showing him the ropes, and while it was good to exercise my trainer muscles, which had atrophied a little, I got to Friday brain dead and very tired. There's something about trying to get your own work done, and simultaneously training someone that just kinda takes it out of you. By the time I filled up with petrol last night, I was barely able to string entire sentences together, which could be why I told the guy that my car was the 'Mars Bar' out there - yes I really, really wanted a Mars Lava bar so clearly my mind was elsewhere!! - when in fact it was the far less edible, and crying out to be washed, Hyundai Excel. Just as well I was 5 minutes from home, and did not have to engage any more actual human interaction.....Lord knows what I might have said! I slunk home, trying very hard not to think at all, and certainly not trying to string any syllables together, and made it in the door, slumping into my comfy chair to eat my curries, Naan bread and pakoras, all chased down by Absolut Vanilla Vodka and Vanilla Coke (yes, I would like to thank my sponsors.....) while I watched 'Las Vegas' (perfect Friday night brainless fodder for the mind), 'Lost' (Hurley's back story is one of the best yet - those damn numbers - yikes!) and 'The Amazing Race'.....it was one of those weeks where I feel like I just made it over the line, and was glad to reach Friday afternoon, and the allure of a relaxing chilled weekend with no demands on my time but a Stereophonics concert tonight which should be just brilliant.....oh yes, and I plan to finally read the manual (I hate and detest manuals in much the same way Carl Rove appears to hate all liberals) to my 3 week old mobile phone so I can actually start using it.....it does make a very pretty table ornament though I must say...shame to actually use it.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older