Tuesday, June 07, 2005

I See Bright Lights.....Very Bright Lights

.....and so it begins! To be honest, auspicious sounding though that first phrase is, I keep thinking I should be coming up with something a little more compelling, thought provoking or downright epic as I begin my blog. But given that I am hardly landing on the moon, or throwing my hat in the ring for a Pulitzer (at least not yet!) that'll do for now while I get used to blogging, and the inestimable joys I hope it holds. What I am hoping, inspiring first sentences aside, is that it allows me to use some of the creativity that my current job in Customer Care at an international courier company does not, and the hope is that as well as writing what I hope are entertaining - for me at least, and for anyone who stops by - diary entries, that the blog will feature all sorts of short stories, serials, commentaries etc that take my creative fancy. The blog is supposed to push me to great creative heights, which may or may not happen after 4.30 a.m. starts, and long days at the Customer Care coalface saving the shipping world for Type A high-octane personalities, and inspire me to push imaginative envelopes (assuming that they don't push back) and my imagination, crushed as it can be by the sheer inanity and blandness of everyday life, comes along for the ride. I think it will, and if so, this could be the best thing for me since Coldplay, "Lost" and Lindor Balls....doubtful it can surpass chocolate but ya never know do ya?..OK what am I thinking?! Of course it won't be better than Swiss chocolate but I hope it comes close....

So who am I, and why do I need this creative outlet? Well, what I am not is a slave to the frenetic demands of others, and for such a free extrovertive personality with a very left of normal view of the world - although I can be ridiculously normal at times although clearly not when naming my blog - ending up in Customer Care for most of my working life was one of those "Oops, how the hell did that happen?" slides into one of those unexpected, and increasingly unwelcome, avenues of life that wasn't signposted but really should have been......in big red neon letter with all sorts of "Warning! Do Not Enter!" signs and a hyperactive robot shouting "Danger! Danger" in the nearest cyber equivalent to a high-pitched panic-laden voice. What was supposed to be a multi-coloured romp through the rose-tinged funk-infused landscapes of life - and lets face it I think we all think life will be a never ending melange of 1000 different kinds of fun in our 20s - has, while still fun, turned into a very beige, cubicle-encircled big freaking pile of the great El Blando, thank you very much. Not to say life isn't a good thing, and I assure you I am not a grumpy old man who thinks life has passed him by - quite the contrary, I am often far too "glass half full" for my own good most of the time! - but I was really hoping for a lot more pizzazz and a whole lot less snoring.....so here I am, an extrovertive highly creative guy with a yen for the slightly weirder more oblique side of life, who is hoping that a feverish outburst of unbridled creativity, and an imagination let loose from the shackles of far too many corporate emails, and blue scuffed carpet, will enrich my life, and define where I go from here......yep, good thing my expectations for this blog are so low......LOL.....at the very least, I hope that investing in a new pair of sunglasses wasn't a waste of money...I expect bright lights to hit my wide-open with eagerness and anticipation eyes, any moment now....

Waiting........waiting......nope my life hasn't been completely re-invented yet......hmm, must learn to be a little more patient.......OK now? Nope....back to waiting.....



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older