Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Ah the letter 'Z' how I love thee

Now before you think I am some sort of sicko last-letter-of-the-alphabet fetishist, assuming such a fetish exists (which this being Sydney is quite likely), my love of the letter Zed (or Zee if you watched way too much Sesame Street as a child) stems soley from the sleep deprivation I suffered on Monday night when for reasons known only to that lazy Sandman guy (who ironically must have been sleeping on the job), I experienced a bizarre bout of insomnia that kept me awake till 3.30 a.m. That wouldn't have been so bad if I had had the following day off, but alas the alarm was ticking inexorably down to 5.30 a.m.......I was very chilled after my 3 days off over the long weekend - to celebrate our dear Queen's birthday, the only time of the year I am a monarchist! - so the insomnia, which I usually get from everyone's favourite 21st Century affliction, stress, was unexpected....maybe it was the tension of "Atlantis" getting to me....the protagonist's life was hanging in the balance in the poisonous depths of the Black Sea and I just closed the book and turned over to go to sleep (callous reader that I am).....or didn't......fortunately last night I crashed out into the wonderful embrace of ZZZZZs and didn't stir all night - hence today 'Z' is my official letter of the day and unlike Sesame Street, I will leave you to work out which words start with it - and woke up feeling like a million bucks, even getting out for a walk with the temp hovering around a balmy 10 degrees, (which my Granpa
would have refered to as 'fresh') which kept me awake, alert and pumping, and has ensured my brain is zinging along like an ADD hummingbird on turbo-charged sap......

The weekend itself was one of those chilled weekends full of good times with friends, food with way more than 15 g of fat - lets hear for pizza and Indian food and Sara Lee ice cream to follow! - TV shows I taped weeks ago, and have just dug up from the deep dark video vaults, reading, and a nap or two, which is the perfect way to follow reading Saturday's "Sydney Morning Herald" which is so large it needs an entire postcode all of its very own....of course, all the benefits of chilling out were lost within an hour of starting work yesterday but it was good while it lasted.....ah, good times.....good times......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older