Monday, October 31, 2011

Hands Full of Glitter and Tofu : 2011 Day 304 - First Day at Sydney Writers Centre!


The view from the balcony outside my new lovely job. It greeted me this morning, and I had to stop and admire it, given my old job's landlocked was not even remotely as picturesque. I waited outside for about 10 minutes before one of my new co-workers arrived, who I had met previously, to let me in, and the day began... I was given a tour of the small office, and met the brother & sister who run the cafe in the building, Maydar and Harry, who are very close to the people I now work with. I didn't grab a coffee but a sparkling mineral water which was refreshing...

The rock on which I waited in the crisp cool morning air. After being let in by the delightful Rose, and meeting Tracy again, and Danielle, who I hadn't met previously, I was shown to my desk right next to my boss's, and my new Macbook Pro (I get to use a Mac at work - yay!) and a day that taxed my mind's ability to remember things, but delighted my soul, kicked off... 

After a morning filled with acquainting myself with Google's corporate gmail system, which is almost as intuitive and easy to pick up as Apple's, and being given basic tasks such as accepting invitations for my boss to link up on Linked In, I walked with Danielle to Kirribilli shops, grabbed some sushi in the loveliest shopping area I've seen for some time, and then ate it at my desk while checking email.

Every afternoon, about 3pm approximately, Tracy makes some tea, and went to a lot of trouble to find me some green tea. It was a kind gesture, and symptomatic of the warmth, and  friendliness I was shown all day. I am going to like working here a lot.

The view from my desk. While its my boss's desk that sits against the window, I am not far away and I get to see this every time I turn around. Awesome.

The view from platform six at Wynyard on the way home when my brain threatened to explode from a busy but fulfilling day. My lovely guy picked me up at home, and we had dinner at Tamana's where I told him everything in detail before going home and crashing out....

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older