Monday, April 18, 2011

Hands Full of Glitter and Tofu : 2011 Day 108 - Erskineville Dreamland

I have had a week off work, and I am due back into the gaping maw of the cubicle factory tomorrow.




I am none too thrilled about it, who really is, but just how little thrill there it is, and just how much anxiety is attending this paucity of excited apprehension, was brought home to me overnight when I had a repeated dream that I had to take my boss's 3 year old daughter to Singapore (my boss and her other daughter having left on an earlier flight with her husband for some reason) and I was late packing, and getting to the airport, even rushing through a Woolworths supermarket (passing many people I have known throughout my entire life) at one point to get to my bedroom, where my sister Rachel was perched atop a wooden wardrobe, listening to music.

Apart from the fact that I simply didn't sleep well at all, the dream was to say the least odd and unsettling, and spoke to the fact that I would rather take high tea with Tony Abbott than go back to work tomorrow. OK, well maybe that is taking things a little too far, but you get the idea.....

************************


That night the wonderful reality that is life with my darling man asserted itself and we had a lovely night eating at a favourite Chinese restaurant, Happy Chef, and strolling King Street before hugging and heading home. Every time I am with my lovely guy, the It Gets Better campaign rings loud and clear in my mind - high school was a living hell as I was teased for being gay but life has just got better and better since then, and my gloriously beautiful guy is the pinnacle of that. I am a very blessed man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older