Monday, March 28, 2011

Hands Full of Glitter and Tofu : 2011 Day 85 (Saturday 26 March) - Bye Bye Labor Bye Bye

I voted today.

To get rid of the Labor government.



I succeeded in that but I didn't get rid of my local member Kristina Kenneally the Premier, who stubbornly held on. I voted Greens since I couldn't vote Liberal - apparently for many people if you don't vote Labor, you vote Liberal, which is a tad simplistic and shows no evidence of any poltical convictions at all; in my world, if you can bring yourself to vote Labor, then at least still vote left wing - after waiting in a ridiculously long line at Erskineville Public School, where I didn't buy a sausage sizzle sausage sandwich (it was 9 a.m. and a tad early in the day). I did however stump up for brunch with fellow voters, Waz, Fahmi and my gorgeous guy at Cafe Sofia nearby before my gorgeous guy and I jumped on the train at Erskineville with our friend John and his twins, Ben (who displayed an interesting tatste in reading matter when his dad John stopped to grab drinks at the newsagency at St James station - see below) and Sophie, for their weekly swimming lessons.







As with the week before, I had a ball. They make the lessons fun for the kids, and the parents, and afterwards we swam for an hour, with the kids experimenting with going backwards down the slippery slide. Surprisingly the more conservative of the two kids, Sophie, was by far the more adventurous when it came to going backwards down the slide, copying another girl her age who has, according to her mother, has picked up bad habits from her older siblings. It is so much fun to see how much fun the kids have and their sheer delight in splashing threw the water. It just makes you feel delighted and happy.

After lunch at the pool - a surprisingly yummy tandoori chicken wrap - my gorgeous guy and I headed home for a nice big nap before Waz, his bf Jonathan and and Fahmi came over for pizza, wine, lollies and dips (not together thank you!) for our election coverage/Earth Hour night in, interspersed with episodes of Big Bang Theory when we'd had enough of Antony Green. We cheated a little with Earth Hour, keeping the TV on throughout, but the candles looked awesome (although the photos only rendered them as pinpricks of colourful light) and we at least reduced our carbon footprint somewhat.




....and then we totally reduced our carbon footprint by sleeping.... lovely!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older