Friday, May 28, 2010

365 Pink Feather Boas All in a Row - Day 147 : Eurovision 2010 - Day 2 : At Work But Head & Heart in Oslo

Yes I may have been at work in Macquarie Park, but in my mind I was in Oslo (pronounced Ussh-Lo....who knew? Well I guess Norwegians did!), eating herrings (goodness knows why as they taste like soggy plasticene!), and humming an annoyingly catchy Eurovision ditty under my breath.
While I ran around at work  like a manic dancer in a Eurovision act, but sans the lycra and over wrought attitude, my dear friend Kerry was hiking up King Street, buying bags and bags of groceries and alcohol for her contribution to the festivities...... and while all this was happening, or really near the end of it happening as night drew near, my poor baby was trying to get back to Sydney from Bathurst. Instead of the trip taking the usual 3 or just under, hours, it took 5 + hours and he arrived just as the dust was settling from the first semi final. We had kept dnner for him, and he at least got to live through the semi-final via Kerry and my passionate recountings of the nights joys and travesties (Malta and Russia through to the final? What?!).
It was a great semi-final! Kerry unveiled her fabulous Norwegian flag head dress (see above), we feasted on a stir fry that I made up as I went along (and by some miracle it tasted yummy!), were joined by my house mate Aiden, friends Warren & Fahmi (for what almost became a dry run for the big party on Sunday night)watched class acts like Estonia (great indie pop), Estonia (bring on the folk/polka mash up!) and Iceland (generic dance pop but very catchy), and suffered through Russia (the song sounds like a bad funeral dirge slowed down to snail pace), Malta (slow soul destroying ballad anyone?) and Portugal, ogled Tom Dwyer who sang and strummed his guitar for Belgium (more delicious than a bowlful of toffee ice cream!), and the cute guys in Poland, and oohed and aahed at the costume reveal by Belarus, who's female members were secretly wearing butterfly wings that sprang up at the last moment. What a night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older