Sunday, May 27, 2012

Swimming Pretty in the Glass-Half-Full 2012: Day 148 - Eurovision Grand Final

What a night! We had tons of food, wine (Steve had to make a dash to the liquor shop to get some more as we ran out of white wine!), decorations in every shade of the Azerbaijani flag (including hand wash in my bathroom, my housemate's and the kitchen, one of which was red, one was lime and one was blue), vodka jelly shots in the colours of the host country, balloons, flags, streamers, people dressed up as glittery Eurotrash (Steve M was a fabulous standout in his op shop-acquired outfit!) and Kerry as an Azerbaijani Air flight attendant, while I did the whole gay Azerbaijani cowboy thing. I even had two of my new lovely friends from my writing group turn up - Selena and Zja which was wonderful!

Thankfully we had all the food cooked up nice and early so Steve and I could concentrate on watching the show too. We had seen almost all the acts at the semi-final so only had to watch UK, France, Italy, Azerbaijan, Spain and Germany on the night. But still, it's fun to watch it with everyone else and see how they react especially as we all get drunker! We even had our own voting system thanks to Kerry's hard work and ingenuity.

I love the grand final of Euroviosion and tonight didn't disappoint...

We had lots more people than this but this was who was in shot when I took the photo - Kerry at the front, L-R in next row: Steve, Corey, Lucy, Steve M, L-R final row: Fahmi, Milos (temporarily here from London), Paul M and his partner, Andrew

My gorgeous guy Steve made this from tinsel - what an awesome piece of Eurovision art!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older