Saturday, May 19, 2012

Swimming Pretty in the Glass-Half-Full 2012: Day 140 - Happy Birthday Ian!

Headed off to Clovelly Lawn Bowls club - same location as last year for Ian's birthday lawn bowls by the sea. I was still as bad a ever at it but I had a ball, as did everyone else (Steve, Fahmi, Waz, Peter, Ian, and Ian's friend Vinnie). We even managed to have Ingo, Ian's boyfriend who's far away in Germany attend thanks to a great idea by my gorgeous guy... and Ian loved it!

So who won the game?



Posing with Ingo for the first time


Licking Ingo!


Ingo guards the ditch!

Waz ready to bowl

Peter resting on the warm concrete (as sun went down, grass got colder)

Steve bowls beautifully

Such flair Fahmi!

Ian concentrating on bowling perfectly

Wine by the green

Steve, Peter and Ingo...

Two Ingos?! With Fahmi, Waz and me.

Ingo orbiting Ian

Ian licking Ingo... in public!

My gorgeous guy by the ocean

Peter getting ready for the next game

What a view!

Peter's tongue!

Ian's tongue!

Vinnie's tongue!

Steve's tongue!

My tongue!

Warren's tongue!

Fahmi's fabulously melodramatic tongue!

Vinnie stylin' it up.

Peter using Ingo to guide in the bowls

Urging his team (which included me and Steve, and every second game Ian) to victory...

So many Ingos...

Awash in Ingos...

Alas my team was the 4

Giving Ingo a hug

Waz and Ian... and chips

Peter and Vinnie

Fahmi, my guy and me

Others play the pokies...we played the chip vending machine and won!


A great afternoon - even though I was on the losing team AGAIN- finished off with wine and chips from the vending machine - we almost emptied it! LOL - before heading off to Lebanon and Beyond in Randwick for dinner... delicious!

Ian and Ingo at dinner

Ingo right into the wine

Ian opening his presents (Waz, Steve and I gave him the box set of "To the Manor Born")

Cauliflower, falafel balls and ladyfingers

Steve M and Corey

Yummy kebabs

Divinely delicious bakalava

Ian's birthday cake (made by Peter and gluten free)

Ian loved it

A blur of canlde blowing out

Ian and Peter

Slice o' cake

Bakalava

Candles resting after their big moment

Everyone at dinner (photo taken by lovely couple behind us)




Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older