Saturday, March 24, 2012

Swimming Pretty in the Glass-Half-Full 2012: Day 84 - Once more to the Yum Cha dear friends!

I love Yum Cha.

I love it with my guy.

I love it with my friends.

I love it... yes, must stop the Dr Seuss-ness before it gets completely silly. Oops too late...

My gorgeous guy and I had yummy Yum Cha with Ellen, and Tracy today at Marigold and it was delightful as ever to see them and spend a couple of hours grazing on all manner of delicious foods while catching up on all the news that's fit to print. We even managed to get the dessert cart to go past WHEN we wanted dessert which never happens. We either usually see it BEFORE we want it or ages after we thought a smackeral of something sweet might be nice.









On the way there, my guy and I had a ball taking silly shots on the train...



No, he's not on the roof but it would so cool if he was!
Found a great European small goods shop near the Capitol Theatre called "Cyril's" which had Whizz Fizz Easter eggs! And delicious cordials and... we'll be back!


And then in the same building as Marigold, just across from Paddys Market (which we had a brief wander through) we found the centre of froufrou and my god it was stupendously awful and gloriously kitsch all at once...




 We finished off the day with a movie - Best Exotic Marigold Hotel which I reviewed in my other blog - and Thai food at Papaya in Cremorne with Peter and Fahmi, and finished off with dessert at Bravo in Crows Nest.



The choc tops have Smarties on the top. Cool!

The Orpheum is a gorgeous art deco cinema. So beautiful.

Apple and blueberry crumble. I want to go back for more!


And finally, my lovely sister Helen sent a shot of Zara at Dreamworld I think having a ball on one of the rides.




Now I must diet...

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older