Sunday, February 12, 2012

Swimming Pretty in the Glass-Half-Full 2012: Day 43 - It's a Fair Day!

Fair Day once again. My how time flies!


Once again this year, no costumes or tent decorating and not even the usual gang - Bill, Ian, Brett etc. Unfortunately, life is too busy to get a design organised, and all the work done to make sure the tent looks amazing and we are bedecked in our thematic finest.

So Waz, Ian, my gorgeous guy and I arrived at Fair Day at 10.30, nice and early with out beautiful blue sky above us. After weeks of squally, cold, rainy weather, today was a picture perfect day - lots of sunshine, with the predicted thunderstorm arriving mid afternoon, when we were well gone. Even so, it didn't amount to much really, and the sun came back out and I am assuming Fair Day went on regardless.






We had a fun time. There were some new stalls this year. I managed not to buy anything but water despite a stall selling some very cool artwork. We managed to look at all the stalls, see some seriously cute men, found Fahmi at the dunking area where his team was raising funds between 11-12 (my ball throwing skills have not improved since high school I discovered, and they didn't recruit me for the team...quelle surprise!), run into Steve's good friend Che (pron. Shay), John S and his kids, Ben and Sophie, Steve M, and Luke & David at the Big Blue Tarp which is always fun. (I had to say goodbye to my beautiful man at 12.15 as he had to get to his Australian Chamber Orchestra concert which happened to fall on the same day. That's why we started early but it worked out well since we saw everything before the crowds went manic and the weather turned ugly.)


In short, we did a LOT. It was a lot of walking and by 1.30 we'd had enough, as had my back, and we walked down King Street to grab lunch at Moo burgers with the storm getting ever darker above us. Thankfully we made it back to Ian's car and I got into my unit just before the rain came down.


Perfect timing on a near perfect day. 


Steve & Waz


It may be a muscle suit but gosh damn he's sexy
Ian and Waz

My gorgeous guy and I

Our contribution to an artist's installation - origami hearts.

Walking down past the stalls
Cute Newtown policeman took our photo to put on Facebook

Funky police car (with Ian)

More policeman shots

Steve & I contributed to the field of hearts this year.




Steve and his friend Che (pron. Shay)


This guy made taking up wrestling look very attractive


Look up boys!

John S, Steve and Waz

Sophie & Ben



Fahmi touting for ball throwers for the dunking tank


Alas I didn't hit the target and dunked no one

Fahmi chatting up the twinks




So they had padding in their briefs - still yummy as...



Steve S and Waz

Steve, Ian, Steve S and Waz


I promise to trust and respect both of them

David and Luke on their Big Blue Tarp

David with Luke & Jeremy's dog, Lottie

Waz, David and I

Yummy guy at Leather Pride

And again with zip running down the back of the shorts



Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older