Thursday, November 25, 2010

365 Pink Feather Boas All in a Row - Day 329 : It's My Birthday - Andrew Age 45


Today is my birthday. I am a massively big fan of birthdays and go all out to make it as much fun as possible for as long as possible. Just celebrate on the day itself? I don't think so!!


I went for a walk with friend Fahmi.


Enjoy the commute across the Harbour Bridge with its killed views of the Harbour and Opera House.

Did some shopping and bought some emergency cufflinks (never leave the temporary ones on as the thread frays!), some CDs as gifts from my parents, a couple of mags and a funky new shirt for casual Fridays.

Lunch with my lovely friend Heather and her husband Ross who I know from FedEx days but who works at Optus too. I had a delicious chicken mango salad and then Heather bought me a birthday treat - white chocolate Reeses Peanut Butter Cups and Turtles (pecan/caramel/chocolate chocolates from Canada)....YUM!!!



An uneventful afternoon, but filled as the morning was with lots of birthday wishes on Facebook, texts and phone calls.


An epic train trip home, as befitting an epic day, when I misread the next train info, boarded the wrong train - off to the airport no less....wishful thinking perhaps? - and took 1/2 hour longer to get home on a ridiculously hot day carrying lots of groceries and birthday presents .... colour me sweaty....



And finally the best part of all - a romantic dinner @ The Boathouse, Black Wattle Bay, Glebe with my darling man....

But before we departed for the gastronomic delights of The Boathouse, I got my presents, all wrapped in pretty silver and blue, while we sat on my balcony sipping wine and eating camembert on crackers. Once again my beautiful man excelled himself, and I got a wonderful array of gifts including a funky Christmas reindeer made in India I have named Penti after the shop he was bought at (Pentimento), the deluxe edition of ABBA's Voulez-Vous album, the DVD series Last Chance To See, and the best gift of all, which involved lots of hard work on my lovely guy's part - my own Apple iPad! Well, an Apple Eye-Pad really! He has such a fantastic goofy mischievous sense of humour, and thats why that gift meant so much to me.








He delights me each and every day and corny as it may sound (I don't really care if it does frankly), he is the best gift I could hope for each and every day!


It was gloriously romantic. The restaurant sits right on the water at BlackWattle Bay, Glebe, with views of Anzac Bridge (see below), and my beautiful guy managed to snag us a window table. From the word go, the service was friendly, warm and efficient - I loved our waitress who had tons of personality! - the food so delicious - I adored the salmon and citrus entree (see portion of menu below) and the lamb main was sublime. But all was surpassed by the bright glitzy yummy cocktails (see next photo) and a banana souffle dessert was was sweet and light as air. To top it all off, we had a lovely few hours alone, which was the bext gift of all after the last hectic few months. What a wonderful fabulous delightful evening! I am so blessed!











0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older