Sunday, July 01, 2012

Swimming Pretty in the Glass-Half-Full 2012: Day 183

I was going to be so industrious today after yesterday's "sort what I want to sell on Ebay till nap and chill the rest of the day" kind of a day but I left my power charger at home which meant any work i"d planned on my blog, Ebay etc all down the drain. I did manage to get two posts done on this blog before the power died so all was not lost but still ...

The groceries I bought at the local IGA


Even so it turned out to be a blessing in disguise. It forced me to rev right down - yes I am using a car metaphor; watch it closely as gay boys do not use them lightly or often! - and read. Yes read. Old school. So I started a book I had been meaning to read for ages - The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime - and it's great. Loved it. I manage to get through about 80 pages, grocery shopped (through wild and riotous Dulwich Hill afar two parties clashed the night before at Ablas; we joked a lot about it but truth be told, it looked exactly the same as always) napped and got to hug my gorgeous guy more than once as he worked away on his work project.



Finished it off with dinner at Smash Sausage Kitchen with lovely Fahmi.

Part of the Pop Art installation on the wall of Smash ... we go there so much the owner knows us well ... the food is wonderful and the service as warm and friendly as it gets

Street art just around the corner from the corner from the block that Sausage ... sits in 


As perfect as a Sunday comes.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older