Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Swimming Pretty in the Glass-Half-Full 2012: Day 11 - Day of auto reckoning

I am leaving work at 3pm today to go to Mascot and do what my insurer charmingly calls a Theft Markup. Another step in the possible death or repair of my car Fido.

Nervous but I will see what happens before I invoke too many nerves...

P.S. The assessor turned out to be a lovely guy. Business-like yes but also very approachable and friendly and he let me explain (for once I didn't over explain!) why I'd love to keep the car if at all possible. I told him that I barley use, that it runs well, and if it could be returned to me, I'd be very happy. Of course, there are no guarantees but I am cautiously optimistic than it can be saved.

Big thanks to my wonderful friend Waz for driving me there and providing moral support. Hugely appreciated as my gorgeous guy was in Bathurst for work and couldn't be there even though he really wanted to.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older