Monday, March 24, 2008

Hot Cross Buns, Lindt Bunnies.... Oh My!

So this is Christmas...what have we done?....wait a second....no it's not.... the year has moved so fast, it's already Easter, and what's more it's almost over! I have done my best to use the time well - napping, movie watching, book reading, iPoding music (yes love using brand names as verb...think it should be a national sport!).....and catching up with good friends....I have also, as is clearly obvious, finally found my blog again in the wilds of cyberspace, and I am making an entry...... of course after 3 days of near to no thinking, my brain has the consistency and mental alacrity of tapioca pudding (never considered one of the clever desserts), and so this will be just a general quick entry...

It's been a brilliant Easter break.....I briefly thought of packing the 4 days with endless catch ups, outings, movies etc but decided I couldn't be..you know.... so I just saw a movie on Friday ("The Dinner Guest" - French and wonderfully farcical..they do it so well!) with my friend Tim, spent Saturday morning at Temple (aka IKEA - a holy place with do it yourself religious experiences...and swearing!), and Saturday evening drinks on the roof of the Zanzibar Hotel in Newtown (they have a bar there lest you think I was clinging to guttering with a martini in one hand, and a bowl of peanuts in the other...hmm that could be fun!) with friends Fahmi & Stephen....and Sunday was just lunch out with my friend Peter.... all very chilled and civilised.... and miracle of miracles, and a sure sign of the coming apocalypse, I put up my new IKEA CD unit (striking red to sit among the existing 4 silver ones - tres chic) a day after I bought it!!! I know.... none of that box becoming a part of the furniture routine.... the box is open, and the unit has been assembled with minimal swearing.... it's a sign! Not sure of what exactly but it is a holy weekend so it could be a sign of anything....I'm hoping for a good sign as impending pestilence and war is not my idea of a good time..... funny that....

I leave this entry with the following picture - I am sure the designer had such very good, dare I say, holy intentions, but unfortunately the end result is....well....let's just say Jesus needs a better PR agency.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older